Submissions are closed
YOU HAVE A VOICE AND WE'D LIKE TO HEAR IT!
Do you have a kitchen or bath topic you’d like to share? An industry-related subject you've researched or perhaps one you’re ready to explore and develop? We want to hear from you!
The 2018 Voices from the Industry conference will feature 80 sessions presented by the kitchen & bath industry’s leading speakers. The NKBA is seeking your industry-relevant topics to be presented at next year’s Kitchen and Bath Industry Show. You represent today’s kitchen and bath expert, and we invite you to make an impact by sharing your voice at KBIS 2018 in Orlando.
The conference will again offer the presentation concept of Interactive Labs. This concept which debuted at KBIS 2017, was very popular among show attendees and received high ratings on evaluations. The main goal of the Interactive Labs is to engage attendees with a hands-on learning experience. For example, you might want your attendees to work with building materials, colors, samples, or something completely new and out of the box! Does this sound interesting? Learn more about VFTI Interactive Labs
1. CONFERENCE POLICIES:
- Individuals submitting a proposal must be currently employed within the kitchen and bath industry, or a student pursuing education to further their career in the kitchen and bath industry.
- Individuals may submit a maximum of two proposals with different topics.
- Professional audio or video recording of sessions is not permitted.
- Voices from the Industry conference speakers will receive a complimentary VIP registration package which includes a show floor pass, VFTI Full Conference pass, entry to the Opening Keynote, a pass to the Design Competition Awards & Opening Party and a Bash ticket, all valued at over $400. You may have a co-presenter, however, only one complimentary pass package will be issued. The co-presenter must be listed on your submission form for their name to be listed as a speaker.
- Voices from the Industry conference speakers will not receive reimbursement for travel expenses or any additional compensation.
- Speakers are responsible for bringing their own laptops, flash drives, and handouts, as well as connection cords.
- Distribution of materials:
The speaker may not actively promote the sale of any such items during the presentation. NO SALE OF ACTUAL BOOKS, DVDS OR AUDIO TAPES SHALL BE PERMITTED BY SPEAKERS AT THE SITE.
Please be assured that you are most welcome to mention your name, bio, website, social handles, etc. As part of the presentation. Additionally, you are more than welcome to have literature (flyers, brochures, handouts, cards, etc.) in the back of the room for attendees to take.
Promoting brand specific products or the sale of products is prohibited.
2. SELECTION CRITERIA:
- The NKBA will evaluate all proposals on key elements including:
- Content relevance
- Practical applications
- Delivery methods
- Variety of speakers
- Video submissions are not necessary, but are strongly suggested for the selection
committee. You are encouraged to include a video link which captures you speaking
about your proposed topic. See the Providing a Video Example job aid for additional information.
- No more than two submissions will be selected from employees from
the same company.
3. CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Submissions will only be accepted through the online submission form.
- Please review the requirements carefully and refer to the video below to assist
you with your proposal. The Submission Planning Worksheet can also be used to aid in your submission
preparation when drafting your presentation proposal.
- All sessions must be for informational purposes only
- All submission must fall under one of these topic areas:
- Grow Your Business
- Kitchen & Bath Specialty Training
- Customer Service
- All submission topics must include a title, description, presentation goals and
delivery methods. NKBA reserves the right to edit the title and description for
length and content.
- Choose the target audience(s) from the provided list.
- The presentation must total 60 minutes; please fit in time for Q & A.
- A strong proposal will indicate how the attendee will be able to apply your presentation
goals back on the job.
4. CEU CREDIT
- If your session is chosen, it will be automatically approved for 0.1 NKBA CEU credit.
- Approval applies to KBIS 2018 only. It cannot be transferred to another venue or presentation date.
- You must make every effort to meet the NKBA standards for a CEU-worthy session;
- you must provide at least 3 topics and your session must total 60 minutes.
- Please remember to allow for 10-15 minutes of Q & A time.
- Discover the advantage of having 0.1 CEU credit assigned to your session.