Develop a topic and let your voice be heard!
The National Kitchen & Bath Association wants to hear from you at KBIS 2015 in Las Vegas.
The 2015 Voices From The Industry Conference Series will consist of over 100 conference speakers who represent all industry segments and every level of professional. The NKBA is looking for industry-relevant topics to be presented by you. Who better to address the topics that are relevant to today’s kitchen and bath professional, than the experts in the field?
Do you have a topic you are eager to share, a subject you have researched already or one you are ready to explore and develop? We want to hear from you!
All applications are due no later than Wednesday, May 28, 2014, at 12 noon Eastern Time.
Selected applicants will be notified by the beginning of August, 2014, and will be scheduled to speak at the 2015 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, January 20 – 22 in Las Vegas.
Want to see videos of the presenters from KBIS 2014? Click Here!
- Conference Policies:
- Individuals submitting a proposal must be currently employed within the kitchen and bath industry, or a student pursuing education to further their career in the kitchen and bath industry.
- Individuals may submit a maximum of two proposals with different topics.
- Professional audio or video recording of sessions is not permitted.
- Voices from the Industry conference speakers (1 speaker per session) will receive a complimentary KBIS 2015 show floor pass, conference pass, and entry to the Opening Keynote, a package valued at over $300. You may have a co-speaker or assistant help you present, however, only one complimentary pass package will be issued. The co-speaker must be listed on your submission form in order for their name to be listed as a speaker.
- Voices from the Industry conference speakers will not receive reimbursement for travel expenses or any additional compensation.
- Speakers are responsible for bringing their own laptops, flash drives, and handouts.
- Distribution of materials:
- The speaker may not actively promote the sale of any such items during the course of the presentation. NO SALE OF ACTUAL BOOKS, DVDS OR AUDIO TAPES SHALL BE PERMITTED BY SPEAKER AT THE SITE.
- Please be assured that you are most welcome to mention your name, bio, website, social handles etc. as part of the presentation. Additionally, you are more than welcome to have literature (flyers, brochures, handouts, cards, etc.) in the back of the room for attendees to take.
- Selection Criteria
- The NKBA will evaluate all proposals on key elements including:
- Content relevance
- Practical applications
- Delivery methods
- Variety of speakers
- Video submissions are not necessary, but are strongly suggested for the selection committee. You are encouraged to include a video link which captures you speaking about your proposed topic. See the Providing a Video Example job aid for additional information.
- No more than three submissions will be selected from employees from the same company.
- Content Requirements
- Submissions will only be accepted through the online submission form.
- Please review the requirements carefully and refer to the video below to assist you with your proposal. The Submission Planning Worksheet can also be used to aid in your submission preparation when drafting your presentation proposal.
- All sessions must be for informational purposes only
- All submission topics must fall under one of four tracks:
- Design & Inspiration
- Business Management
- Focus on the Customer
- Sales & Marketing
- All submission topics must include a title, description, presentation goals and delivery methods. NKBA reserves the right to edit the title and description for length and content.
- Choose the target audience(s) from the provided list.
- The presentation should have 30-45 minutes of content, with up to 15 minutes allotted for questions after presentation delivery. If you want approval for 0.1 CEU, you must be prepared to present for one hour.
- A strong proposal will indicate how the attendee will be able to apply your presentation goals back on the job.
- CEU Credit
- Are you interested in submitting your session for review for .1 NKBA CEU credit? Approval applies to KBIS 2015 only. It cannot be transferred to another venue or presentation date.
- CEU credit is not granted automatically to every Voices From The Industry session.
- You must fill out additional information and make every effort to meet the NKBA standards for a CEU-worthy session.
- Be prepared to speak for one hour.
- Discover the advantage of having 0.1 CEU credit assigned to your session.
Click here to fill out the online form.