You Have a Voice and We'd Like to Hear It!
Do you have a kitchen or bath topic you’d like to share? An industry-related subject you've researched or perhaps one you’re ready to explore and develop? We want to hear from you!
The 2017 Voices from the Industry Series consists of more than 100 speakers who represent all industry segments and every level of professional. The NKBA is seeking your industry-relevant topics to be presented at next year's Kitchen and Bath Industry Show. You represent today’s kitchen and bath expert, and we invite you to make an impact on the Industry by sharing your voice at KBIS 2017 in Orlando.
The 2017 Voices From The Industry will offer a new presentation opportunity:
VFTI Interactive Labs! This new presentation concept will debut
at KBIS 2017. The main goal of the Interactive Labs is to engage attendees with
a hands-on learning experience. For example, you might want your attendees to work
with building materials, colors, samples, or something completely new and out of
the box! Does this sound interesting? Learn more about VFTI Interactive Labs. You may be chosen for our inaugural
All submissions are due no later than Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12 noon ET.
Selected applicants will be notified by June 17, 2016, and will be
scheduled to speak at the 2017 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, January 10 –
12 in Orlando.
- Individuals submitting a proposal must be currently employed within the kitchen
and bath industry, or a student pursuing education to further their career in the
kitchen and bath industry.
- Individuals may submit a maximum of two proposals with different
- Professional audio or video recording of sessions is not permitted.
- Voices from the Industry conference speakers (1 speaker per session) will receive
a complimentary KBIS 2017 show floor pass, conference pass, and entry to the Opening
Keynote, a package valued at over $300. You may have a co-speaker or assistant help
you present, however, only one complimentary
pass package will be issued. The co-speaker must be listed on
your submission form in order for their name to be listed as a speaker.
- Voices from the Industry conference speakers will not receive reimbursement
for travel expenses or any additional compensation.
- Speakers are responsible for bringing their own laptops, flash drives, and handouts,
as well as connection cords.
- Distribution of materials:
- The speaker may not actively promote the sale of any such items during the course
of the presentation. NO SALE OF ACTUAL BOOKS, DVDS OR AUDIO TAPES SHALL BE PERMITTED
BY SPEAKER AT THE SITE.
- Please be assured that you are most welcome to mention your name, bio, website,
social handles etc. as part of the presentation. Additionally, you are more than
welcome to have literature (flyers, brochures, handouts, cards, etc.) in the back
of the room for attendees to take.
- The NKBA will evaluate all proposals on key elements including:
- Content relevance
- Practical applications
- Delivery methods
- Variety of speakers
- Video submissions are not necessary, but are strongly suggested for the selection
committee. You are encouraged to include a video link which captures you speaking
about your proposed topic. See the Providing a Video Example job aid for additional information.
- No more than two submissions will be selected from employees from
the same company.
- Submissions will only be accepted through the online submission form.
- Please review the requirements carefully and refer to the video below to assist
you with your proposal. The Submission Planning Worksheet can also be used to aid in your submission
preparation when drafting your presentation proposal.
- All sessions must be for informational purposes only
- All submission topics must fall under one of four tracks:
- Design & Inspiration
- Business Management
- Focus on the Customer
- Sales & Marketing
- Leadership (NEW for KBIS 2017)
- All submission topics must include a title, description, presentation goals and
delivery methods. NKBA reserves the right to edit the title and description for
length and content.
- Choose the target audience(s) from the provided list.
- The presentation should have 30-45 minutes of content, with up to 15 minutes allotted
for questions after presentation delivery. If you want approval for 0.1 CEU, you
must be prepared to present for one hour (60 minutes).
- A strong proposal will indicate how the attendee will be able to apply your presentation
goals back on the job.
- Are you interested in submitting your session for review for 0.1 NKBA CEU credit?
Approval applies to KBIS 2017 only. It cannot be transferred to another
venue or presentation date.
- CEU credit is not granted automatically to every Voices from the
- You must fill out additional information and make every effort
to meet the NKBA standards for a CEU-worthy session.
- Be prepared to speak for one hour.
- Discover the advantage of having 0.1 CEU credit assigned to your session.
Click here to fill out your submission form now!