Designation & Continuing Education Credit

NKBA Partner Advertisement

Members of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) and National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) may now earn continuing education credit toward NKBA or NAHB designations by completing professional development courses offered through each association.

Here’s how it works:


Successfully complete any NKBA professional development course and NAHB will grant one continuing education (CE) hour per full hour of instruction for the following designations:

  • Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
  • Certified Graduate Associate (CGA)
  • Certified Graduate Builder (CGB)
  • Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR)
  • Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
  • Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR)


The NKBA will grant respective continuing education units (CEUs) for successful completion of any NAHB course.

The NKBA will apply six education hours and 0.6 CEUs for successfully completing the following NAHB courses:

  • Business Management for Building Professionals
  • Customer Service

NKBA Business Management Workshop counts for NAHB Business Management for Building (substitutes for NAHB CAPS program only).

NAHB will grant six CE hours to any AKBD, CKD, CBD, or CMKBD toward the following NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB and GMR.

NAHB members are able to enroll in all NKBA courses at NKBA member rates.

NKBA members will receive member pricing for courses that take place at NAHB national events. Course prices at local HBA associations are determined by those associations.

NAHB offers courses at national events and through its local home builders associations. To learn more about the courses, including dates and locations, visit or call NAHB’s Professional Designation Helpline at 800-368-5242 x 8154.

The NKBA offers courses both in-person and online. To learn more about the many courses available, including dates and locations, click here. For questions, email or call 800-THE-NKBA (843-6522).

Find Kitchen and Bath Professionals Near You