2016 NKBA Design Competition
The 2016 NKBA Design Competition Opens For Entries on June 1st, 2015!
Who can enter?
Only NKBA members are eligible. Click here if you would like to join today.
What do you have to gain?
National media attention, special awards and cash prizes presented during a special ceremony during KBIS 2016 in Las Vegas, industry recognition, your design(s) featured in NKBA Magazine, on NKBA.org, and in the NKBA Booth at KBIS 2016.
A project installed between January 1, 2014 and August 14, 2015, clear photos, a concise design statement, elevations and a floor plan to scale, along with a completed entry form. The 2016 NKBA Design Competition Entry Packet provides comprehensive information on the entry process as well as competition rules & requirements.
All entry packets must be received at the NKBA Headquarters by Friday, August 14, 2015
Instructional Videos on How To Enter the NKBA Design Competition
Peter Albanese, CKD, CBD, 2014/2015 NKBA Design Competition Judge
Read in detail about the competition entry process on page 64 of NKBA Magazine.
Check out the 2015 NKBA Design Competition winners on Pinterest, and read about the projects in NKBA Magazine!
First Place: $3,000 | Second Place: $2,000 | Third Place: $1,000
- Small Kitchen
- Medium Kitchen
- Large Kitchen
- Powder Room
- Small Bathroom
- Large Bathroom
- $10,000 each....Best Kitchen and Best Bath
- $2,000 each......Before & After Kitchen and Bath
- $2,000...............Budget-Friendly Kitchen or Bath
- $2,000...............Green Design Kitchen or Bath
- $2,000...............Universal Design Kitchen or Bath
- Clay Lyon Builder/Remodeler Memorial Award: This award is given in memory of Clay Lyon, CR. Clay served on the Advisory Council of Builders/Remodelers from 2006 to 2008. He was then elected to the NKBA Board of Directors as the Council's Board Representative from 2009-2011. He was elected to the NKBA Executive Committee in 2012 where he served as the National Secretary. Clay was owner and operator of Lyon Construction + Design, a residential remodeling company he founded in 2002 in Mission Hills, Kansas. He began his home remodeling and construction career in 1987. He formed his first residential remodeling company in Portland, Oregon where he specialized in homes rich in age and character. His professional experience included work in asbestos abatement, real estate development, custom wood furniture-making and residential energy conservation.
- One (1) Honorable Mention to be named for each main category
2016 NKBA Design Competition Sponsors