For over 50 years, the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) has led the kitchen & bath industry, following its mission to enhance member success and excellence, promote professionalism and ethical business practices, and provide leadership and direction for the kitchen and bath industry worldwide.
With more than 60,000 members, the NKBA has grown considerably since our inception in 1963-both in membership and in staffing-yet our mission remains the same. Today, the NKBA is a well-known and respected international not-for-profit organization in the $220 billion kitchen & bath industry.
The NKBA is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and comfortable working environment where diversity is welcome.
Are you a self-directed organized individual with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and follow up? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills to work in a well-established team environment? The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is a trade association that owns the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show & Conference (KBIS) and we have an immediate opening for an experienced Web Developer who will:
- Maintain the core functionality and applications of NKBA.org and other NKBA Internet properties.
- Develop new modules and applications (systems and software) for use on the NKBA website and other NKBA web properties.
- Develop, extend, modify, and deploy custom crafted web based solutions to meet business needs.
- Integrate the NKBA.org website and other NKBA technology platforms with other 3rd party systems as needed.
- Perform analysis of system requirements through working with NKBA staff and volunteers to understand website requirements, and implement solutions based on those requirements.
- Perform general maintenance tasks related to NKBA web properties, including bug fixes, feature additions, content entry, and other functions as necessary.
- Assist with evaluation of new technologies for use by the NKBA.
- Provide advice on industry trends and best-practices as it relates to web development and E-commerce.
- Assist the other departments with electronic communications as tasked by the Manager of Technology, such as the creation of HTML email messages, Wikipedia content entry, etc.
- Assist with special events, including KBIS, board meetings, associated trade shows, consumer shows, etc.
- Serve as a departmental and Association-wide resource for documentation and training as it relates to custom web-applications and E-Commerce.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Web Engineering, or a related field plus 3 to 5 years’ related experience in the development and deployment of web systems.
- Experience with online LMS systems and with Aptify AMS a plus.
- Experience programming in ASP.Net, particularly C#.
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server programming such as writing custom queries and stored procedures for use in ASP.Net applications.
- Must be comfortable with Object-Oriented programming, and have a solid understanding of .Net classes, objects, members, etc.
- Ability to travel as needed.
We offer a competitive salary that includes base pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401 (k) and company match. For consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter that MUST include your salary requirements or salary history for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our websites at: www.nkba.org & www.kbis.com for further information about NKBA & KBIS!